6) 7.2.2018 Lesson with Sabine Kühlich

I came cross an arrangement for Jimi Hendrix´ "Little Wing".
And I decided I want to make an arrangement for my duo with Thaung Htike.

We worked at the song. 
Emotional work, storytelling. Singing different versions, imagining different persons while singing. Glittering ponies, hippy girls, little girls. Invent storyboards, that help you imagine pictures for singing. 
We talked about the flip. Where I could add flips to my sound, my voice. 
Flip examples: "Zombie" - Cranberries.
Andre Nendza Album. Sanne Huijbregts.
>Find your flips.

I will sing the song in two versions:
1) One with my music school band, that I coach since years. I got hold of the arrangement from the Berlin pianist and arranger Nicolai Thärichen. 
This will be in B-minor and is an arrangement for 9 musicians. Which for my voice offers the immediate choice of the high register, airy sounds, light voice, dreamy atmospheres.
2) Two in duo with Thaung Htike.
Ideas: Can the original guitar figure be transferred/modified to either the drums or the piano? Thaung Htike could play the "Glockenspiel" as an additional sound.
Arrange a constant repetitive figure that works well for the Pad Waing. And that works on the changing chords. Piano is playing an interweaving structure to that. Can there be a voice sound intro? Mix with "Glockenspiel"? Form: Verse, verse, solos, verse. 

To Do: Add the inspiring versions to the journal. Add material you can find. 
>PDF sheet of the original version Little Wing. 
>What did Nicolai make out of this?

Jimi Hendrix Version. With the band quite loud and a present "Glockenspiel".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kle8Unp3yaQ

>Can I transfer the guitar intro to the piano and Thaung Htike adds the Glockenspiel?

























>Interlude inspired by Nicolai Thärichen´s version. Spacy figures. Voice with sounds and spoken text bits. 
> For first verse the Hsaing Waing has a fixed figure I sing above, second verse I have other/fitting harmonies under that figure. 
> Pad Waing / Piano / Voice improvisation? All at the same time.
> Last verse like second verse.

Nicolai Thärichen´s version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OeSSlQqCAU



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

9) Myanmar Meets Europe - How It All Began...

29) Sein Bo Din / Comp.: Hein Tint / Band Arrangement: Christoph Hillmann

41) Laia Genc Master Of Music: Jazz / Pop Voice 2016 - 2018