40) Spazieren Gehen - my first arrangement in 2014 for a song of Thaung Htike

Here you can find the sheet of the added "modern jazzist improform" arranged by me and the original tune "Spazieren Gehen" by Thaung Htike. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxknlvoy5rxsnfb/AAA054Cv5uLhbeWLznJHJVwha?dl=0

Originally I thought we will play this with the whole band and ensemble, so I thought the saxophone would play the upper line. And if there is a bass and it strongly plays the different bass notes, that changes the color of the pedal idea and gives alternation to the intro. 

What did I intend with this added soloform?

I was inspired by the original motives of Spazieren Gehen and composed a figure in this manner as an accompaniment. 
My figure is in C-minor. And can be played throughout this part by the Pad Waing. Except for the two different figures at the end of the form.
Around this I decided for different chords, that involve these tones as well, but bring harmonic changes. 

I chose a G7sus4(b13). For most of the intro we stay at this G-Pedal. An Ebmaj7#5 comes on cue and I changed the figure there, but with the same tonal material. Then a C7sus4 and one more altered note, the Ab, which can be prepared in advance. 

On top I put a line for the saxophone. In the beginning it alters between Cmajor and Cminor. And later on it brings the idea of inside and outside to this part. 

We still play Spazieren Gehen also in duo. I take over all the musical ideas to the piano. 

This intro is my "big spot". I can be free over the C-7 figure, play the things, that I wrote and start a solo. As soon as I give a cue we start playing the original tune Spazieren gehen. 

This arrangement picks up motivic material from the original. It is split into two different musical parts. 
After the theme Thaung Htike plays a solo on my first figure of the arrangement, the G7sus4(b13). On cue we play one more theme. Then end. 
It has a clear form. It is a very lively tune, therefor I want to keep it in the repertoire. 

This is a version we played in 2015. It was the Hsaing Waing ensemble and me at the piano.
https://youtu.be/er_7yEdrZgQ

In this version I play a complete free improvisation on my own. There is some inside playing. The ensemble comes in with this Cminor part. O keep on playing, with the material I composed, not necessarily in the form I intended. In the end I play the upper line, originally written for saxophone. That leads into the piece Spazieren Gehen.
Followed by Thaung Htike´s solo. Then a final theme on cue. 
Listening to it now, I would like to hear an oboe solo!!!! 
But yeah. Maybe another time. ;-) 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

9) Myanmar Meets Europe - How It All Began...

29) Sein Bo Din / Comp.: Hein Tint / Band Arrangement: Christoph Hillmann

41) Laia Genc Master Of Music: Jazz / Pop Voice 2016 - 2018